Hello HRFC Members,
Here are a few notes to bring you up to date on what is happening around the Club.
- Next Club Meeting: This coming Sunday (April 11th). A committee meeting will commence at 11.30am, followed by BBQ lunch at noon and the General Meeting at 1pm through to 2pm. A vote will be taken at this general meeting as to whether or not to continue with this revised format and the frequency of future meetings. ie Monthly or bimonthly. If you have an opinion on either of these questions and can’t make the meeting, please let us know prior so that your preferences or suggestions can be taken into consideration.
- CASA AvSafety Seminar: You may recall that our last AvSafety Seminar (2020) was cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions. CASA has now recommenced their schedule and have confirmed a time and date for the “Weather to Fly” session that we will host at the HRFC Clubhouse. It is 6pm Wednesday May 5th 2021. Please ensure that you register on the CASA booking site if you intend to participate as Covid regulations will be strictly enforced. A flyer is attached and here is a link to register: https://www.casa.
- Invitation to HRFC Members to attend the “Hastings District Flying Club Open Day” : Members are invited to attend the HDFC’s Open Day at Port MacQuarie Airport on Sunday April 18th – 9am to 3pm A flyer is attached and here is a link to the website for further details. HDFC Open Day 2021 | Special Guest Apprearance Pam Hata
- RA-Aus 2021 Scholarship Applications Now Open: RA-Aus are now accepting applications for their 2021 Scholarship intake and this link will take you to details and application forms. RAAus Scholarships – RAAus
- Newcastle Vintage & Classic Car Club: I did mention previously, so this is just a reminder that following a very successful visit by this organisation during 2019, we have been approached again with a view to providing another BBQ Lunch for their members and visitors when they hold their next regional gathering in June this year. The visit to HRFC will occur on Sunday of the June long weekend when the group will visit the Wirraway Museum first and then to HRFC for a BBQ lunch at 1pm. This four yearly event is generally well supported by the Car Club members so we will be seeking volunteers to man the BBQ, serv the lunches, monitor the Covid -19 restrictions and show the visitors around some of our member’s aircraft. And, of course to check out their Vintage and Classic Toys.
Each of the functions listed have been added to the HRFC website events calendar.
That is enough for now – See you all on Sunday.
Ph 0428 767 279