- JUNE MEETING: Just like to remind everyone again that the June General Meeting has been brought forward to the first Sunday of the month being this coming Sunday (June 6th).
- MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL: Also, a reminder to all members that HRFC Annual Subscriptions are now due for the 2021-2022 financial year. The only exceptions are Life Members, New Members that joined in May and paid the full years subscription and of course all of those that renewed since my previous reminder. A BIG THANK YOU to the 20% of our total membership that did renew following my first reminder.
- Z CAR CLUB VISIT: Thank you to all of those members that assisted last Sunday when the Sydney Z Car Club joined us for breakfast and the chance to talk cars and planes and take a flight. Despite a dodgy weather forecast, the morning was great and about half of the 24 visitors took the opportunity to take a flight. I would like to give a special thanks to those of our members that generously gave their time and made their aircraft available for flights on the day. Here is a copy of a thank you email received this morning from Z Car Club and I have included a link below to their website. I will also place a copy of their report in the News section of our website where you can read the full report on their “Presidents Run”, the two day trip to the Hunter Valley that included the HRFC visit.
I just wanted to officially recognise yourself and the Hunter Recreational Flying Club for looking after our group on Sunday 31st of May.
The breakfast was absolutely terrific and enjoyed by us all
Your club members’ willingness to share their passion for flying was intoxicating and resulted in some of our members who weren’t going to do the joy flight doing it.
Seeing the smiles on the faces of David Browne’s children, Lawson and Cam who did their first flying lesson was just amazing. I think you may have created a big problem for their dad supporting future flying lessons.
Anyway on behalf of our club I just wanted to thank you and your members for making this unique experience available to us.
We wish you well.
PS I’m also a member of the Austin Healey Owners Club and have passed your details onto them as they are also interested in doing this with you
- NEXT CAR CLUB VISIT: Don’t forget too, that we will have the chance to do this all again on Sunday week (13th June) when about 60 members of the Newcastle District Vintage and Classic Car Club will join us for lunch. So, volunteers will be very, very welcome and needed! This event is a regional gathering known as the “Halfway Rally” that comes to Newcastle every four years and was originally scheduled for last year but like so many other events was postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Please let me know if you think that you will be able to help on this day.
- A COUPLE OF LINKS: This link is to the Z Car Club’s website http://zcarclub.com.au/ This one is to their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/ZcarClubSydney/media .And This is to the Newcastle District Vintage and Classic Car Cl;ub’s website http://www.ndvcc.com/index.php?p=1_7 .