A brief update following the February Meeting held last Sunday.
- No General Meeting in March: As the regular meeting date (second Sunday) in March will clash with Paul Bennett’s Hunter Valley Airshow it was agreed to move the next scheduled General Meeting to April 11th with BBQ first at 12 noon and the meeting to follow at 1pm.
- Revised meeting format and frequency: It was decided at the meeting on Sunday to delay the final decision on the revised format and change of meeting frequency until the April general meeting to give more members the opportunity to vote as numbers were quite low at the February meeting..
- 2021 Hunter Valley Airshow: Paul Bennett’s Hunter Valley Air show will take place at the Airport on March 13th & 14th this year and like at the last event, we have agreed to permit visitors to walk through our area when transiting between the top carpark and the show. This gives us the opportunity to promote the Club and display our members’ aircraft between the walkway and hangars. We will place a line of bunting and a Club/Flying School display between both sides of the walkway as we did on the last occasion to ensure separation between spectators and the aircraft on display.
- Discounted Airshow Tickets: Paul Bennett has generously offered a group discount for HRFC Members wanting tickets into the show. Unsure of the discount rate at this stage but will need a list of buyers and ticket numbers for a group purchase. So, let me know if you are interested within the next week.
- Hangar and Clubhouse Licenses: You are probably aware that three of the hangar licences and the Clubhouse licence have now expired and a sub committee has been elected to try to finalise negotiations for a more fair and reasonable agreement than that offered by Cessnock City Council. Some legal advice has been received and a meeting with Council has now been arranged for later this week by the sub-committee.
- Newcastle Vintage & Classic Car Club: You may recall that following a very successful visit by this organisation during 2019, we were again approached with a view to providing another BBQ Lunch for their members and visitors when they were to host the next regional gathering in 2020 (a four yearly event for the Newcastle Club). Unfortunately, Covid-19 restrictions put a stop to that in 2020, However, the event has now been rescheduled for the Sunday of the June long weekend this year. The group will visit the Wirraway Museum first and then to HRFC for a BBQ lunch at 1pm.
- Aircraft for sale: Due to the collapse of Soar Aviation Aircraft Holdings Pty Ltd, Pickles Auctions are in the process of auctioning their flight training school’s aircraft fleet. So, if you have a few spare dollars and are looking for a new project, you should use the following link to take a look at what is available. https://www.
- IMPORTANT!: On the days of the Airshow (13th & 14th March) and for the Car Club Visit (13th June) we will be in need of several volunteers so if you are in a position to assist, please let me know ASAP and don’t forget to let me know if you would like to participate in the group purchase of discounted Airshow Tickets.
Well that is it for now.
Cheers & Regards
Ph 0428 767 279